Wednesday, October 19, 2011

They Can't All Be Winners

In class today, the students split into groups. Each group chose one of the seven types of word/picture combinations I mentioned yesterday and drew a panel demonstrating that type of combination. They didn't all finish, but once they do I'll hang the drawings up on the wall. Won't that be festive? 


We're skipping Chapter 7 of Understanding Comics, and Chapters 8 and 9 are short, so it's possible we'll make it through the book by the end of the week.

I had wanted to share some more thoughts on aesthetics and pedagogy, but I'm very sleepy. I've been staring at the screen for ten minutes trying to think of something to make this blog post about. Now I'm afraid I'm going to cut my losses, give up, and hope for something better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment