Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Scattershot!

And in class today, we read the second half of Understanding Comics Chapter 6. In this section, McCloud describes seven different ways that words and pictures can be combined in comics. They are . . . parallel, and additive, and . . . uh . . . I didn't bring a copy of the book home, and I don't know them off-hand. I'll probably have them memorized soon, though, since we're going to do an activity with them tomorrow.

Right now my daughter is menacing me with a stick, so I'm somewhat distracted. Why does she even have a stick in the house? Who's in charge around here?

Okay, you're right, I can probably Google "McCloud word picture combinations" and get a list. And . . . yes, that worked. Here you go! Seven types of word-picture combinations.

Right now there is thunder outside, and my daughter is very excited. It's hard to focus on writing. Now she's playing with a tiny toy Wotan. Not the god, the comic book villain. He's pretty obscure, but I bet I can find a picture . . .


There we go. We got our Wotan toy at Target. He came packaged with Doctor Fate.

What was I talking about? I don't know, but my daughter is kind of scared of thunder, so I gotta go. See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment