Saturday, November 12, 2011

Dreaming in Kirby

Last night I dreamed about a Jack Kirby comic book I had never seen before. It was something he created in his later years, around the time of Captain Victory, and he only did one issue. A publisher acquired the rights and hired me to continue the series. It was going to be great, too, not disappointing like Silver Star.

That's the kind of thing I dream about--well, literally, I guess, since I dreamed it last night. It all seemed very compelling, but I can't remember the details. The main character was an alien, and he had a . . . magic cell phone? And urgent mission of some kind? Anyway, it all seemed very compelling. I wish I had more Kirby-themed dreams.

In a way, didn't Kirby spend his whole career creating wonderful dreams?


No comments:

Post a Comment