Thursday, August 18, 2011

In Deliberate Sequence

It's quickly becoming clear that one class is more enthusiastic than the other but, overall, things are going well.

This morning (during the more enthusiastic class) I walked around the room and watched as students diligently wrote their responses to Scott McCloud's definition of comics.

That definition, you may recall, is "Juxtaposed pictorial and other images in deliberate sequence, intended to convey information and/or to produce an aesthetic response in the viewer". Some big words in there, but we defined them yesterday and reviewed them today, and then talked about what it meant, so hopefully everyone got the idea.

Anyway, as I walked around, and all the students were writing their thoughts about Scott McCloud's definition of comics, I felt a tremendous sense of peace and satisfaction. At that moment I felt like I was exactly where I needed to be, doing exactly what I was supposed to be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment