Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Red Menace

Today we read the next chapter of Persepolis, called "The Heroes." The heroes in question are two political dissidents who are released from prison after the Shah is overthrown. Both of them are communists. You would think this would provoke some kind of reaction from the students, but none of them really seem to know what communism is. I tell you what, things have changed since I was a young lad growing up in the 80's. Without communism, our action heroes wouldn't have had anyone to fight.

1 comment:

  1. Talking to "kids" just kills me sometimes. Even my friends who are in their mid-twenties just don't seem to be with it...or get my references anyway.

    Which I don't get, because I've always related well to peoples who are older than me.

    ReplyDelete