Friday, October 4, 2013

I'm Not Here

I'm going out of town, so I'm not at school today. You would think it would be easy, taking days off as a teacher, because there are substitutes who come and fill in for you, but man, it takes forever to get everything ready for the sub. Maybe that's why I hardly ever take personal days. Whatever, I hope things go well. 

Today the students are going to start out by taking a short quiz over the history of American comic books. I posted five of the multiple choice questions yesterday, but don't worry, it's not that easy--the bulk of the points on the quiz will come from the extended response question that requires actual thought. After the quiz, they will read chapter five of Understanding Comics and answer questions.

I don't have a lot of time to write this, as I was just headed out the door, but I realized that if I posted today I will have made two weeks worth of daily blog posts. That's a solid achievement I can reflect on when things look grim. 

So long, Cincinnati, I'll see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment